The Teen Traffic Safety Ambassador Board is comprised of 5 student leaders who apply to hold a special leadership title within Florida Teen Traffic Safety Ambassador Program. The Teen Traffic Safety Ambassador Program works to engage and inspire youth on the subject of traffic safety, and safe decision making. Benefits to serving on the board include a leadership role, including travel, speaking engagements, and closer collaboration with the Florida Teen Safe Driving Coalition.
- A passion for promoting safe driving habits among teens
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Availability to attend regular meetings and events
- Demonstrated leadership or advocacy experience is a plus
- Must be a high school student in Florida
- Must have, and plan to maintain, no lower than a 2.0 GPA
- Time commitment
- Project management
- Event Planning
- Commitment to safe driving and healthy habits
Why Become a Teen Safe Driving Ambassador Board Member?
The Florida Teen Safe Driving Coalition (FTSDC) is looking for Florida high schoolers to join us in our mission to prevent teen fatalities and serious injuries on the road. As a Teen Traffic Safety Ambassador, you will be the teen faces of our coalition, helping to engage, educate, and mobilize all members of the community to work collectively on developing and improving teen safe driving programs, practices, and activities.
- Have the ability to give input and shape the way traffic safety education is discussed for teens in Florida
- Gain valuable volunteer hours that can be used towards college applications, Bright Futures requirement, and resumes
- Know about upcoming awareness campaigns, contests, and opportunities
- Work with like-minded people across the state who are passionate about the same things as you
- Resume building, letter of recommendations, experience, valuable life skills taught